- Tweets should be engaging. Tweet to show off your brand personality. And even, call for actions; ask other to retweet your tweets.
- Don’t use all 140 characters. Keep your tweets simple and leave space for others to retweet you. No one ever wants to read paragraphs. That’s quite boring, if you ask me.
- Use the @ symbol followed by the person’s Twitter username, in order to reply back to someone on Twitter. The conversation then appears on both the person you are having a conversation with and your timeline.
- Everyone on Twitter knows you must use hashtags. It allows you to engage in ongoing conversation about particular topics. Plus, when you tweet with a hashtag, your tweet becomes searchable.
- GIFs or videos can be quite entertaining. Sometimes writing a funny caption doesn’t hurt too. This can dramatically increase your engagement rate for your tweets.